Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was the daughter of Lydia Perez, a merchant marine, and Ismael Serano. She was born in Bushwick Brooklyn, New York City. She is Puerto Rican. Rosie has graduated from Grover Cleveland High School in Ridgewood in Queens, New York. Then, she attended Los Angeles City College. Rosie Perez was in her sophomore year of college and just about to move back to New York from Los Angeles. Her departure was a celebration by her classmates. She accepted Spike Lee's offer to be part of his film Do the Right Thing (1989). This would be her first acting role in a major film. In Peter Weir's Fearless (1993) she played the part of Carla Rodrigo, for which she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Artistess. (She was defeated by Anna Paquin for The Piano (1993). Early in my career, the Latin community was responsible for most of the criticism I received. They would take me out to lunch and ask, "Can I go and learn lessons to lessen my accent?" or "Can you be loud and funny when you're on a talk show?" I received a lot of negativity about my voice and I even tried. I tried to make a change however it was my way of speaking. My octaves decreased as I grew older which is a good thing. Boxing is all about conquering your fears. Boxing is all about fighting for yourself. Floyd Mayweather could be punched. Straight punch right in the middle of his face. He's not blinking. I can understand what he is doing. (Who spoke about Don Cornelius watching her dance]: Don Cornelius did not want to see how I really danced . I was dancing hip-hop, which was new to people in California. They were only acquainted with popping and locking. So hip-hop dancing was not something they wanted to study. Don was like, "No. You're a girl. I was like, What? This is really bizarre. Then I had to dance in high heels, and I have never danced in high heels before. I had the tiniest short dress, and it's going up my stomach and I'm like, Oh my God!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amanda Lamb personal life

6ix9ine Bio

Carrie-Anne Moss